Hello friends & welcome to sweater weather. Y’all know I’m a summer girl at heart, but I actually like my fall/winter wardrobe way more than my warm weather clothes. I’ve been dying to break out my sweaters (and buy a few new ones…) and this past week was finally cold enough to do it! So I figured that I’d do a round-up of my favorite fall sweaters (all under $50, you’re welcome). I own the majority of these sweaters or they’re currently in my shopping cart just waiting to be purchased. Time to cozy up!
1. The Lace-Up: I recently decided I wanted a lace-up sweater and happened to stumble up on this one (on sale, nonetheless!) It’s a great casual look, perfect for Saturday brunch or a day-date with your S.O.
2. The Classic Cable Knit: I own too many cable knit sweaters. And I’m not even ashamed of it. I wore my white one so many times that it started falling apart so I’m hoping to replace it soon. Pair this with a blanket scarf = cute & cozy holiday look.
3. The Long Cardi: I’m not a big fan of short cardigans (idk they look weird on me?) but I’m a big fan of the long, open cardi’s. For work, I usually throw my long cardigan over a dress with tights & booties. Warm and put together.
4. The Off The Shoulder: One of my best (& most fashionable) friends, Aminah, mentioned getting an off the shoulder sweater so obviously I wanted one. I’m waiting for this blush-rose one in the mail (it’s so freaking cheap right now too, wow). It’s classic with a hint of sexy aka I’m probably going to wear it out to the bars in the dead of winter.
5. The One With Ruffles: Ruffles are HUGE right now, which makes me happy because it fits well with my feminine style. I like that ruffles can make a basic sweater feel a little more dressy without being overdressed.
6. The Statement Sleeves: This. is. my. favorite. sweater. of. the. season. First of all, it’s so soft. Second of all, it’s simple with a little twist. Third of all, I can wear it anywhere (work, brunch, family dinner, etc.) and it works. Throw it on with a vest? Perfect fall outfit.
7. The Sweatshirt-Sweater: A hybrid between a sweater & a sweatshirt, this is the perfect outfit for your weekends. Ideal for running errands or an impromptu lunch with friends. I’d probably wear it with jeans or leggings and tall boots, of course.
What’s your favorite style of sweater? Leave me a comment! &.