What better way to spend a snow day than blogging? This winter has been absolutely bizarre (70 degree days & then a snow storm??) but I’ll take a lazy day in bed any day of the week. While I haven’t been the most productive on this particular snow day (read: I’m still in my PJ’s), here are some things I’ve been liking & favoriting if you want a relaxing day in.
Healthy(ish) banana bread muffins
Click the image above to pin & save for later!
My mom and I agree that snow days are the perfect excuse to bake. I’ve been trying to figure out healthy(ish) breakfasts that I can easily eat as a rush out the door in the morning and stumbled on these “skinny” chocolate chip banana mini muffins! They’re super easy to make and they don’t taste healthy, which is always a plus. Aaaand they have chocolate chips in them, as if you needed another excuse to make them.
Recipe adapted from Oh My Goodness Chocolate Desserts.
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour (you can use whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium bananas mashed up
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon milk (or you can use almond/soy milk)
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (as much as you want!!)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray 24 cup mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. (Spray them super well so the muffins come out easily!)
- In a bowl whisk dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl mash bananas. Add the honey, oil, vanilla, milk, Greek yogurt and egg. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix together until just combined. The batter will be wet/sticky. Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tin with batter (they puff up a lot so don’t fill them all the way to the top!) Bake 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool & enjoy! *Pro tip: Set half aside and put in the freezer. Just warm them up in the microwave when you’re ready to eat them!
For all the book nerds out there…
I got a new Kindle for Christmas (thanks mom!) and found out recently that I can borrow ebooks from my library & automatically download them right to my Kindle. I’m not sure if everyone who has an e-reader knew this, but I’m pumped because I’m saving $$ and don’t have to physically go to a library to borrow a book. While there a couple sites to do this from, I primarily use OverDrive–just log in with your library card/PIN and search for your ebooks. Then you can download them to your account, and they’ll sync to your e-reader. Just like regular library books, you have them for about 2 weeks but can “return” them anytime. Happy reading!
The Ed Sheeran Comeback
If you haven’t heard, Ed Sheeran is on the rise, and his new album is phenomenal. If you thought “Shape of You” was a jam, listen to “Galway Girl” and “New Man.” Also fair warning: “Supermarket Flowers” will 100% make you cry. Listen to the entire album below.
Online shopping hack
Thank goodness for the internet because we can still shop even if we’re snowed in. And because we all love to save money, install the Chrome extension Honey which basically automatically finds coupons for the site you’re on and applies the best one for you at checkout. Click here to learn more!
Cats > Everything
^literally NEVER gets old
Because March Madness is upon us, which means my obsession with Villanova basketball is at an all time high, here are just a bunch of articles/links about the Cats. #repeat2017
The Life Lessons of Villanova’s Jay Wright, the Anti-Coach –“GQ Jay” is actually profiled in GQ.
Chasing The Shot –Because it was the best 4.7 seconds of my life.
@keenansnovaworld on Instagram –The tiniest, most adorable superfan in the Nation.
Liking reading Jay Wright’s book & Favoriting staying in my bed vs. shoveling off my car. &.