When I got back from my third day of my real girl job (more on that later), I saw that my WordPress app had a notification. Turned out that one of my followers, Haley, author of Hey Now, Haley Now (def check out her Do’s and Don’t’s For Freshman Year, so accurate!) nominated me for the Liebster Award! I’m so honored to accept and now nominate five other writers to spread the blogging love.
What is the Liebster Award you ask? Well I had no idea until I was nominated, but here’s how it works for those who haven’t heard of it. If you’re nominated and accept, here are a few rules that you need to follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Display the logo for the award on your blog
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers. To nominate, let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts.
- Answer the questions that the person who nominated you has set and pose new questions to your nominees.
Here’s the pretty award badge for the award! I’ll also be displaying it on my homepage.
And now… for the questions Haley asked me. And then the bloggers I nominate will have to answer questions I make up! Here are some things you may not know about me…
1. Where are you currently living? Well right now, I’m sitting on my couch in New Jersey, but I’m moving to Philadelphia literally tomorrow! (Seriously, I just finished packing and all my worldly belongings are sitting in my kitchen, ready to be packed in the car).
2. What’s the best book you’ve read lately? I’m re reading The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult. So so good. If you like her old stuff, it’s the same flawless writing but with a totally different theme. (Also, *~shameless plug~* Ampersand will be releasing a Best Reads list super soon!)
3. What sparked your interest in blogging? When I studied abroad in Italy, I started a blog to share with my family so they could keep up with all my fun adventures. (Check out Summer In Siena if you want!) After that, I totally fell in love with blogging and Ampersand was born. I have been & always will be a writer.
4. What’s your go to drink at Starbucks or the coffee shop of your choice? Oh don’t ask a barista this question… haha. I have seasonal Starbucks drinks so it’s hard to pick (#basicproblems) but I will always love a tall skinny caramel latte.
5. Which animal is your spirit animal? Why? An otter because they hold hands while the sleep. (And I like cuddling.)
6. If you could have one super power what would it be? Stop and slow down time. Not rewind or fast-forward because I don’t need to mess with the past or future, but I would love to slow down the present.
7. If money, timing, and logistics weren’t a question, what is the one thing you wish you could be doing right now? Being a full time blogger and buying a nice house filled with items from Pottery Barn.
8. What are five words that can be used to describe yourself? Probably enthusiastic, dramatic, ambitious, fun-loving & caring.
9.What’s your biggest pet peeve? Slow walkers. Or people who don’t use their blinker. ugh.
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Siena, Italy. 100%.
11. What’s your favorite late night snack? Microwave popcorn or mozzarella sticks.
Enough about me… let’s get to the fun part! Here are the 5 blogs I’m nominating. These ladies are extremely talented and I absolutely love reading their work. Check out what they’re up to!
If these bloggers accept my nomination (which I hope they do!), they’ll have to answer the following questions.
1. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
2. *NSYNC or Backstreet Boys and a compelling argument why.
3. Describe your college experience in three sentences.
4. What is one short term goal you have?
5. What’s your morning routine?
6. (Because I liked this one so much from Haley!) Favorite Starbucks drink? (Or if you’re not as basic as me, what do you order at a coffee shop?)
7. What’s the most important quality in a friend?
8. What’s your favorite color, animal and dessert?
9. Where do you love to write?
10. Random fun fact!
Thank you again Haley for the nomination! It was such a wonderful surprise to be acknowledged for my blog & writing. And a big thank you to everyone who continues to read! Y’all are the best.